Issues in management of Advanced maternal age related fertility treatments.
- 36 years and above patients are considered as advanced maternal age patients.
- One egg has 4.5% capacity to generate into an embryo. So collecting more eggs is the only way forward which may require more than 1 egg retrieval.
- As embryo biopsy is the prime requirement to find out healthy embryo, there is a need to freeze all the embryo at day 5.
- Even the embryo is genetically tested, it will never implant in 55-65% cases in normal uterine lining. So only PGT-A shall not suffice.
- Combination of PGT and ERA, which highlights the personalized implantation window period should be carried out in advanced maternal age cases.
- Therefore, Advanced Maternal age= Day 5 Embryo + PGT-A + Freeze all + ERA